||Capítulo 6.4. Púrpura
trombótica trombocitopénica y Síndrome hemolítico-urémico
1. Moschcovitz E: An acute febrile pleiochromic anemia with hyaline thrombosis of terminal arteriols and capillaries: An undescribed disease. Arch Intern Med 36:89,1925.
3. Gautier E, Siebenmann RE: The birth of the hemolytic uremic syndrome, in Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome and Thrombotyc Thrombocytopenic Purpura, edited by BS Kaplan, RS Trompeter, JL Moake, pp 1-17. Marcel Dekker, ew York. 1992.
5. Ridolfi RL, Bell WR: Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: report of 25 cases and review of the literature. Medicine 60:413, 1981.
7. Neame PB et al: Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: A syndrome of intravascular platelet consumption. Can Med Assoc J 114:1108,1976.
8. Rarick MU, Espina B, Mocharnuk R, Trilling Y, Levine AM: Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection: A report of three cases and review of the literature. Am J Hematol 40:103,1992.
9. Wallace DC, Lovric A, Clubb JS, Carseldine DB: Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in siblings. Am J Med 58: 724, 1975.
10. Hellman RM, Jackson DV, Buss DN: Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and hemolytic-uremic syndrome in HLA-identical siblings. Ann Intern Med 93: 283, 1980.
11. Karlsberg RP, Lacher JW, Bartechi CE: Adult hemolytic-uremic syndrome: Famillial variant. Arch Intern Med 137: 1155, 1977.
12. Kaplan et al: Hemolytic uremic syndrome in families, en Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome and Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, editado por Kaplan BS, Trompeter RS, Moake JL, pp 213-225. Marcel Dekker, New York, 1992.
13. Stavem P, Abrahamsen AF, Vartdal F, Nordhagen R, Rootwelt K: Hereditary thrombocytopenia with excessively prolonged bleeding time, correted by infusions of platelet-poor plasma. Scand J Haematol 37: 210, 1986.
14. Upshaw JD Jr: Congenital deficiency of a factor in normal plasma that reverses microangiopathic hemolysis and thrombocytopenia. N Engl J Med 298: 1350, 1978.
15. Cecere FA, Yoshinoya S, Pope RM: Fatal Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in a patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Relationship to circulating immune complexes. Arthritis Rheum 24: 550, 1981.
16. Kwaan HC: Miscellaneous secondary thrombotic microangiopathy. Semin Hematol 24: 141, 1987.
19. Harrington WJ, Minnich V, Holligsworth JW, Moore CV: Demonstration of a thrombocytopenic factor in the blood of patients with thrombocytopenic purpura. J Lab Clin Med 38: 1,1951.
20. Takahashi H, Hanano M, Wada K, et al: Circulating thrombomodulin in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Am J Hematol 38: 174, 1991.
21. Lefevre P, George F, Durand JM, Sampol J, et al: detection of circulating endothelial cells in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Thromb Haemost 69: 522, 1993.
22. Moake JL: von Willebrand factor abnormalitiies in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and the hemolytic uremic syndrome, en Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome and Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, editado por BS Kaplan, RS Trompeter, JL Moake, pp 459-471. Marcel Dekker, New York, 1992.
23. Mannucci PM, Lombardi R, Lattuada A, et al: Enhanced proteolysis of plasma von Willebrand factor in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and the hemolytic uremic syndrome. Blood 74:978, 1989.
24. Chintagumpala MM, Hurwitz RL, Moake JL, Mahoney DH, Steuber CP: Chronic relapsing thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in infants with large von Willebrand factor multimers during remission. J Pediatr 120:49, 1992.
25. Moore JC, Murphy WG, Kelton JG: Calpain proteolysis of von Willebrand factor enhances its binding to platelet membrane glycoprotein IIb/IIIa: An explanation for platelet aggregation in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Br J Haematol 74:457, 1990.
26. Lian ECY, Siddiqui FA, Jamieson GA, Tandon NN: Platelet agglutinating protein P37 causes platelet agglutination through its binding to membrane glycoprotein IV. Thromb Haemost 65:102, 1991.
27. Lian ECY, Mui PT, Siddiqui FA, Chiu AY, Chiu LL: Inhibition of platelet-aggregating activity in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura plasma by normal adult immunoglobulin G. J Clin Invest 73:548, 1984.
28. Wu KK: Role of prostacyclin in the pathogenesis and therapy of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, en Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome and Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, editado por BS Kaplan, RS Trompeter, JL Moake, pp 483-489. Marcel Dekker, New York, 1992.
30. Alam AN, Abdal NH, Wahed MA, et al: Prostacyclin concentrations in haemolytic uraemic syndrome after acute shigellosis in children. Arch Dis Child 66:1231, 1991.
31. Hope W, Martin TJ, Chesterman CN, Morgan FJ: Human b -Thromboglobulin inhibits PGI2 production and binds to specific site in bovine aortic endothelial cells. Nature 282:210, 1979.
32. Wu KK, Hall RR, Rossi EC, Papp AC: Serum prostacyclin binding defects in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. J Clin Invest 75:168, 1985.
33. Berkowitz LR, Dalldorf FG, Blatt PM: Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. A pathology review. JAMA 241:1709, 1979.
34. Hoffman M, Monroe DM, Roberts HR: Platelet activation in patients with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Am J Hematol 42:182, 1993.
35. Kagawa H, Okubo S, Yasunaga K: Plasma coagulation and fibrinolysis parameters in patients with collagen diseases, and analysis of the multimeric structure of von Willebrand factor. Int J Hematol 54:429, 1991.
36. Asakura H, Jakaji H, Saito M et al: Plasma levels of soluble thrombomodulin increase in cases of disseminated intravascular coagulation with organ failure. Am J Hematol 38:281, 1991.
37. Riley LW, Remis RS, Helgerson SD, et al: Hemorrhagic colitis associated with a rare Escherichia coli stereotype. N Engl J Med 308:681, 1983.
38. Karmali MA, Steele BT, Petric M, Lim C: Sporadic cases of hemolytic-uraemic syndrome associated with faecal cytotoxin and cytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli in stools. Lancet 1:619, 1983.
39. Spika JS, Parsons JE, Nordenberg D, Wells JG, Gunn RA, Blake PA: Hemolytic-uremic syndrome and diarrhea associated with Escherichia coli O157:H7 in a day care center. J Pediatr 109:287, 1986.
40. Obrig TG: Pathogenesis of Shiga toxin (verotoxin)-induced endothelial cell injury, en Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome and Thrombotic Thrombociytopenic Purpura editado por BS Kaplan, Rs Trompeter, JL Moake, pp405-419. Marcel Dekker, New York, 1992.
41. Louise CB, Obrig TG: Shiga toxin-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome: Combined cytoxic effects of Shiga toxin and lipopolysaccharide (endotoxin) on human vascular endothelial cells in vitro. Infect Immun 60:1536, 1992.
42. Fitzpatrick MM, Shah V, Trompeter RS, Dillon MJ, Barratt TM: Interleukin-8 and polymorphoneutrophil leucocyte activation in hemolytic uremic syndrome of childhood. Kidney 42:951, 1992.
43. Fitzpatrick MM, Shah V, Trompeter RS, Dillon MJ, Barratt TM: Long-term outcome of childhood haemolytic uraemic syndrome. Br Med J 303:489, 1991.
44. Thompson CE, Damon LE, Ries CA, Linker CA: Thrombotic microangiopathies in the 1980s: Clinical features, response to treatment, and the impact of the human immunodeficiency virus epidemic. Blood 80:1980, 1992.
45. Van de Kar N, Reekers P, Van Asker K, et al: Association between the apidemic form of hemolytic-uremic syndrome and HLA-B 40 in the Netherlands and Flanders. Nephron 59:170, 1991.
46. Begue R, Dennehy PH, Peter G: Hemolytic uremic syndrome associated with Streptococcus pneumoniae. N Engl J Med 325:133, 1991.
47. Blitzer JB, Granfortuna JM, Gottlieb AJ, et al: Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: treatment with plasmapheresis. Am J Hematol 24:329, 1987.
48. Rock GA, Shumak KH, Buskard NA, et al: Comparison of plasma exchange with plasma infusion in the treatment of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. N Engl J Med 325:393, 1991.
49. Hayward CP, Sutton DM, Carter WH Jr, et al: Treatment outcomes in patients with adult thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura-hemolytic uremic syndrome. Arch Intern Med 154:982, 1994.
50. Pereira A, Mazzara R, Monteagudo J, et al: Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura-hemolytic uremic syndrome: a multivariate analysis of factors predicting the response to plasma exchange. Ann Hematol 70:319, 1995.
51. Roberts AW, Gillett EA, Fleming SJ: Hemolytic uremic syndrome/thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: Outcome with plasma exchange. J Clin Apheresis 6:150, 1991.
52. Byrnes JJ, Khurana M: Treatment of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura with plasma. N Engl J Med 297:1386, 1977.
53. Byrnes JJ, Moake JL, Klug P, Periman P: Effectiveness of the cryosupernatant fraction of plasma in the treatment of fefractory thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Am J Hematol 34:169, 1990.
54. Obrador GT, Zeigler ZR, Shadduck RK, Rosenfeld CS, Hanrahan JB: Effectiveness of cryosupernatant therapy in refractory and chronic relapsing thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Am J Hematol 42:217, 1993.
55. Bell WR, Braine HG, Ness PM, Kickler TS: Improved survival in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura-hemolytic uremic syndrome: clinical experience in 108 patients. N Engl J Med 325:398, 1991.
56. Kitchens CS, Pendergast JF: Human thrombocytopenia is associated with structural abnormalities of the endothelium that are ameliorated by glucocorticosteroid administration. Blood 67:203, 1986.
57. Del Zoppo GJ: Antiplatelet therapy in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Semin Hematol 24:130, 1987.
58. Rosove MH, Ho WG, Goldfinger D: Ineffectiveness of aspirin and dipyridamole in the treatment of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Ann Intern Med 96:27, 1982.
59. Levin M, Grunwald HW: Use of vincristine in refractory thrombotic thrombocytopenic puepura. Acta Haematol 85:37, 1991.
60. Pereira A, Monteagudo J, Bono A, Lopez-guillermo A, Ordinas A: Effect of splenectomy in von Willebrand factor multimeric structure in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura refractory to plasma exchange. Blood Coag Fibrin 4:783, 1993.
61. Viero P, Cortelazzo S, Buelli M, et al: Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and high-dose immunoglobulin treatment. Ann Intern Med 104:282, 1986.
62. Gordon LI, Kwaan HC, Rossi EC: Deleterious effects of platelet transfusions and recovery thrombocytosis in patients with thrombotic microangioapthy. Semin Hematol 24:194, 1987.
63. Kay AC, Solberg LA Jr, Nichols DA, Petitt RM: Prognostic significance of computed tomografy of the brain in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Mayo Clin Proc 66:602, 1991.
64. Eknoyan G, Riggs SA: Renal involvement in patients with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Am J Nephrol 6:117, 1986.